Are you living the life you truly want to be living? Do you have some unlived lives or some talents that were never allowed to fully blossom?
Many of us catch ourselves at the start of a new year, more aware of a yearning or even vague ache or sense that something is missing in our lives.
Did you know that just by spending time visualizing that you are playing a musical instrument or a sport your skill level and accuracy will increase almost as much as if you were physically practicing? There are many examples of the power of using our minds to create new possibilities. Neural pathways are carved just by imagining that we are engaged in a new activity.
If you are ready to search within to find your deepest desires and then to chart a new course, here are 10 steps to making it happen.
1. Think about your life as a story, what title would you use? Is it the life you wanted? What would you like to call it? Be adventurous. Don’t limit your imagination.
2. What talents and abilities were suppressed or unsupported by others as you moved into your career?
3. What paths did you have to turn away from by moving forward with the choices you have made?
4. Once you have a strong picture of new possibilities, notice which of them draw you most. Which of them cause your breath to quicken?
5. Now, write out a script for the life that you would like to start creating in 2011. Keep it simple and express it in the positive and in present tense, as if it is already taking place.
6. Record your voice or review so you have almost memorized the script.
7. In a quiet place, start breathing fully and deeply, taking yourself through a progressive relaxation.
8. Listen to your recorded script or remember everything about it with your eyes closed. Visualize it in great detail. The more of your 5 senses that are engaged, the more impact it will have on your subconscious.
9. After soaking in the vision of the New You and savoring it for 5 minutes or so, allow your attention to come back to the room and open your eyes.
10. Take at least 10 minutes a day to enjoy the visualization while you are deeply relaxed for greatest impact. Just upon wakening or during the last 15 minutes before falling asleep are best.
If you would enjoy a group or private guided experience, with the opportunity for a deeper visualization, call me at 720-202-3078.